Well, I’ve been gone for a while. I could blame Pandemic or the Holiday season, or a myriad of other things, but the truth of the matter is I just got lazy. Lazy and uninspired. It’s been dark and cold and frankly, I haven’t wanted to do much besides sit on my couch with a blanket and a book. It’s peak cozy seasonal depression season and I’ve really leaned into that. But today I’m back, to shake off the shackles of winter and get inspired again.
I was perusing Instagram from the comfort of my couch nest, and saw this hilarious, and delicious, looking recipe. It was a chicken slider, with a hardboiled egg as the sandwich. I shared it to my Instagram Stories, and the feedback was immediate and LOUD.
Not willing to let my fans (read: very loyal friends) down, I decided to make my own egg-ception chicken sliders! The create of the original, foodsofjane, posted her recipe on Instagram, linking back to her Buffalo Chicken recipe, which I used here for mine.
These are messy. And delicious. And sooo good. And also messy. Prepare to look like you bathed in Buffalo sauce after eating these.
- 1 lb Chicken thighs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic powder (measure with your heart)
- Dash of salt
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- Romaine lettuce
- Make your Buffalo chicken according to foodsofjane here
- Peel hard boiled eggs and cut into halves. You can slice a little bit off the bottom half in order for them to sit a little better
- I scooped the yolk out of mine but that’s personal preference
- Place bit of Romaine lettuce and Buffalo chicken between egg halves
- Enjoy! (maybe with a bib)