I have been a big slacker. BIG. I last posted in December (my Boozy Eggnog) and then just…didn’t. I have no excuse other than that I’m lazy.
However, since we’re all currently locked inside due to the plague, I figured now was a perfect time to get back into the swing of things. It was rocky (you’ll see from my terrible pictures this go ’round) but I really like what I came up with.
Quick backstory: for Christmas, my husband got me an Air Fryer, and I. Am. Obsessed. I air fry everything. Pickles? Done. Potatoes? Every day. At this point, I’m one step away from air frying everything not bolted down in my kitchen. All of this is to say that, eventually eggs were going to make their way into this contraption. And they came out goooood.
They came out a little ugly, but like every Disney movie tells us, it’s what on the inside that counts. And what’s on the inside of these is mustard, bacon and eggy goodness.
Like I said, the pictures are terrible. Mostly because I was hungry and didn’t have the patience to pose them that well.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you could just deep fry these in oil. I’m sure that would be delicious, albeit artery clogging.
- 12 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp Dijonaise (this is my go-to for Deviled Egg’s)
- 3 strips cooked bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs, not hard boiled
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Hard boil your eggs
- Once done, cut into halves and remove yolks and place into a separate bowl
- Crack remaining two eggs into a bowl and whisk
- Put breadcrumbs into a separate bowl
- Dip egg halves into egg yolks, and then cover in breadcrumbs
- Place egg halves into air fryer (you may have to do this in batches)
- Cook at 350 for 5 mins. Then flip and cook for another 5
- Meanwhile, mix the yolks and the Dijonaise.
- Once eggs are cooked, remove and fill with yolk mixture
- Top with bacon pieces
- Eat while hot!