Calling all Game of Thrones fans! Tonight is the premiere of the final season and I am ready to see how this all plays out. My friend is having me over for a premiere party, so of course, I offered to make deviled eggs (it’s kinda my thing). I wanted to stay on theme though – so I came up with these delicious, and slightly spicy, Deviled “Dragon’s Eggs”.
A lot of recipes I’ve seen online for “dragon’s eggs” use food coloring and marble the eggs to look like how they imagine a dragon’s egg should. That’s cool and all, but I didn’t want to go that route. It’s a lot of work and nothing on a Sunday should be a lot of work. This recipe that I’ve come up with is a little more subtle but packs some heat and a whole mouthful of taste. I’ve blended the yolks with mayonnaise and roasted red peppers, and then topped them with red pepper flakes.
Between these eggs, and my White Walker Martini, I think I’m going to be all set. All that’s left now is **SPOILERS** to see what happens when John and Daenerys find out they’re related. You know, it says a lot about a show that you can end up rooting for incest and forgiving a man who once shoved a kid of a castle window. GoT gives me conflicting feelings. But these eggs are guilt free and have a solid character arc.
- (12) eggs
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 1/2 a jar of roasted red peppers
- Crushed red pepper
- Hardboil your eggs
- Once done, run under cool water and peel while hot. This is my new favorite method and I’m getting pretty consistent results.
- Once peeled, slice eggs into halves and scoop out yolks.
- Combine yolks, mayo and half a jar of roasted red peppers in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg halves
- Top with red pepper flakes
- Serve and enjoy!