One of my New Year’s Resolutions this year is to be present and involved with this blog. I moved to Germany this summer and frankly, let this fall off of the map of my life, which is a shame, because I really love working on new recipes! So i’m happy to say I have several recipes brewing and I am fully committed to bringing you more content this year.
2019 Goal: bring this blog from Middle School Computer Science class project to actual Adult Food Blogger blog.
So the other day, I was out in Stuttgart and I found an amazing indoor food market. Hooooboy. If you want it, they have it. Butchers! Produce! Chocolate! Wine! They have it all. I am obsessed and am currently forwarding all my mail there.
While I was exploring, I found an Asian market and found one lone bottle of Siracha Mayo. I immediately knew I wanted to use that as a base to a new recipe. I figured I would use it to create a spicy Deviled Egg, but wasn’t sure what else to add. Then, looking at all of the butchers nearby, I thought of Pork Belly. I love crispy pork belly and I can eat several lbs of it. Alone. Definitely not crying and evaluating my life choices.
So with these two ingredients, I bring you: Siracha Mayo Deviled Eggs topped with Crispy Pork Belly. These eggs are perfect for a potluck or a Sunday with friends. The siracha mayo gives an excellent kick and the pork belly is just the right amount of crispy yet chewy.
- 12 eggs (I have less here because I had an egg issue and ruined like 3 of mine. It was tragic)
- 1 tablespoon Siracha Mayo, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons Mayo
- 1/2 lb pork belly
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Dash of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Hardboil your eggs
- Once hardboiled, place eggs into ice bath and set aside
- Cut pork belly into bite size pieces
- Heat sesame oil on stove until it starts to sizzle
- Add pork belly
- After a few minutes, add the soy sauce
- Cook on high, stirring every so often, until outside of pork belly begins to crisp up
- Once you’ve reached your desired level of crispy, remove from heat
- Peel eggs and cut into halves, scooping yolks into a bowl
- Add Siracha mayo and and regular mayo and mash until smooth
- Add salt and pepper and mix
- Add mayo mix into egg halves (I use a piping bag here, but you can always make a DIY piping bag with a sandwich bag, or just simply spoon the mixture into the egg halves)
- Drizzle Siracha mayo over eggs. You can go as light or heavy as you want here, depening on how spicy you want it
- Add a piece of pork belly to each egg. You’ll probably have leftovers, that’s ok. Just eat them and definitely don’t share them.