So I went a little mad scientist and came up with this yummy, albeit weird, recipe. Trust me, I know it sounds odd and looks a little questionable, but these were really good. I have a hunch they’d be even better at 3:00 A.M. after a boozy night out.
My husband bought this giant grab-bag box of chips and I’ve been trying to resist their siren call. Mostly unsuccessfully. So in a bid to get them out of my house quicker, I’ve been brainstorming. I know there’s this weird (but perfectly understandable) cult following of Flaming Hot Cheetos and I thought “hmmmm I wonder how they’d taste in deviled egg form?”. Spoiler alert: freaking awesome.
So if you want to spice up (pun intended) your next party, or level up your drunk snack game, this recipe is for you.
Flaming Hot Cheeto Deviled Eggs
- 6 Hardboiled Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard – you can use spicy if you want an extra kick
- 2 snack bags of Flaming Hot Cheetos
- Hard boil your eggs and set aside in an ice bath
- Take one bag of Cheetos and smash with either a meat tenderizer or another blunt kitchen object. Smash until the contents feel mostly broken
- Slice eggs into halves and scoop yolks out.
- Combine yolks, mustard and mayo.
- Once smooth, add in bag of pulverized Cheetos.
- Mix until as smooth as possible.
- Put mix into plastic bag, cut the corner off of one side and pipe into egg halves.
- Top each egg with a Cheeto from the second bag.
- Eat any leftover Cheetos.