So lately I’ve been on this big Thai food kick. I mean, I always love Asian food – Thai, Japanese, Chinese, you name it. But over the last week, I’ve eaten more Thai food than I probably have in the last two months.
I think the biggest reason is I’m trying to clear out my fridge/pantry. I have major Spring Cleaning Fever and I want to get out with the old. This has led to Fish Sauce Thai Chicken (holy god you should have smelled my house that night), Thai Noodle Salad and then Thai Salad with a side of Potstickers. You get the picture. So of course, I’ve been thinking “how can I combine all of my Thai food with eggs??”. And ta-da!
I made a very delicious Thai Egg Salad Sandwich. Man, this was good. I added a little chili sauce to the egg salad to give it a kick and then topped it with a blend of cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro and wontons and cashews. To top it off, I added a drizzle of Hoisin sauce. Gaaahh so good.
This is also quick and easy to make (my ultimate life goal), so it’s great for a Sunday evening in. I hope you enjoy!
Open Faced Thai Egg Salad Sandwich
- 4 Hardboiled Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Light Mayo
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Sauce
- A handful of Cilantro, chopped
- A blend of cabbage and shredded carrots – I cheated and bought a pre-made salad mix from the store, which I highly recommend
- A blend of cashews and wontons – again, pre-made because I am lazy
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- Hard boil your eggs. I am using my Elite Cuisine Automatic Egg Maker (woof that’s a mouthful) so this step was hella easy. If you don’t have one, place your eggs in a medium sized pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Place eggs in an ice bath and then peel
- Mash up peeled eggs in a bowl. Listen ya’ll, Martha Stewart I ain’t. So we’re not getting fancy here. Mash em like an ex you hate.
- Add mayo and chili sauce and mix together.
- Scoop egg salad evenly between the two slices of bread.
- Top with cabbage mixture, chopped cilantro, wontons and cashews
- Drizzled very lightly with hoisin sauce
- Eat greedily