So everyone has an arch nemesis. A thorn in their side. An overall pain in the ass.
Mine is Poached Eggs. Yes, I capped that, that’s how serious I am. Poached eggs always looks so beautiful and lovely on Pinterest. Picture perfect! However, whenever I make them, they look like a rabid raccoon got a hold of one. It’s pretty depressing.
However! Santa (Tommy) heard my poached woes and I received the BEST Christmas gift this year. Seriously. He got me the Elite Cuisine Automatic Easy Egg Cooker and I am in *love*.
Before you mock, just listen. I too am skeptical of anything that labels itself “automatic” and “easy”. I usually find those items to be the exact opposite. But this actually is! And holy moly, it helped me make a banging Christmas morning breakfast.
Behold: Poached Egg atop English Muffin & Prosciutto, topped with Truffle Oil and Thyme. Served with a side of Arugula for good measure. Gahhh this was SO good. It was nice and light (in order to save room for the binging i’d be doing the rest of the day) but at the same time, savory and comforting.
Since I made this on Christmas morning, I did have a Blood Orange mimosa in hand. While this is not a crucial step, I do recommend it.
Poached Egg a top an English Muffin & Prosciutto, topped with Truffle Oil and Thyme
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Truffle Oil (I prefer Truffle Hunter Black Truffle Oil. Another awesome Christmas present from my husband)
- A handful of Arugula
- 2 slices of Prosciutto
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- Slice and toast English muffin.
- Poach egg. If you have a handy dandy Elite Cuisine Automatic Easy Egg Cooker, poach your egg to the packaging directions. However, if you don’t, no fear. You can poach the regular way.
- Bring a pot to boil, and then lower to simmer
- Crack the egg into a measuring cup
- Start swirling the water with a spoon, create a little Middle School science water vortex.
- Tip egg into water as you continue swirling.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to drain off water.
- Top toasted English muffin with slices of Prosciutto.
- Top Prosciutto with poached egg.
- Drizzle Truffle Oil a top the egg.
- Top with sprig of fresh thyme.
- Add a side of Arugula