I am so excited guys. I came up with a recipe today, straight outta my brain. I was sitting around, thinking what I’d like to make next and how I could incorporate one of my other food loves: cheese.
I love cheese. I cannot state that enough. Cheese is truly its own religion and I am a zealot. So I thought, “how can I combine eggs and cheese?”, and Caprese Deviled Eggs came to me. I could blend deviled eggs with the beautiful, ripeness of mozzarella, combined with crisp tomatoes, fresh basil and syrupy balsamic reduction. *groans obscenely with pleasure*
- (1) dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Handful of basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls (I bought mine in olive oil with herbs from Food Lion)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Hard boil eggs. Place in pot and cover eggs with water, about an inch. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and let sit 17 minutes.
- Put eggs in ice bath and then peel.
- Slice eggs into halves. Put yolks in bowl.
- Add mayonnaise to egg yolks and mash until smooth.
- Put mix into plastic bag and pipe into empty egg halves.
- On top of eggs, nestle: (1) tomato, basil leave and mozzarella ball.
- I did slice my mozzarella balls in halves and cut basil leaves down to size.
- Make balsamic reduction. Bring balsamic to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle atop eggs.
- Eat and enjoy!